There are plenty of reasons to attend Podstock and it might be helpful to have something that spells out the benefits. You know, to convince the boss. How about these?
- Get the latest on top-level edtech trends, cutting edge tools, best practices, and hands-on strategies in sessions that are designed to make sure you’re on top of the game.
- Build capacity. You’ll learn tons and walk away smarter. And then turn around next fall and share all of this with others in your building.
- Make connections. Podstock is designed around the idea that teachers need time to talk with other teachers. So you’ll make connections, meet old friends, make new ones, exchange social media info, and generally supersize your PLN.
- Kevin Honeycutt. Keynoter and breakout sessions. We don’t need to say any more . . . wait, you need more? Seriously? Okay. International speaker and presenter. Emotional heart tugger. Lover of all things tech integration / PBL / MakerSpace / anything that’s good for kids. Former art teacher and playwright.
- Podstock is super inexpensive. Two and half days of edtech goodness for $275. (And that includes morning snacks, the famous Old Town Hotel afternoon brownies, all the soda you can drink, Wednesday’s 10th Birthday Party, the Birthday Party After Party, and the awesome Thursday evening reception. Oh . . . and door prizes. Did someone say Smart TV? I think they did.)
Convincing the Boss
Do you need to get approval from your administration to attend Podstock 2018? We’re here to help with this handy “Justify Your Trip” letter. Copy and paste and then customize it to help explain the value and importance of Podstock to you and your school.
ESSDACK is hosting Podstock 2018 on July 18 -20 and I’d love to attend! Podstock is a tech integration conference but it’s really more than that – it’s a gathering of educators a lot like me. Teachers, admins, tech coaches, company reps, all focused on finding the best tools and strategies that will prepare our kids for their future. So I’ll get new ideas, new tools, and perhaps best of all, face-to-face networking that will build my own PLN as well as connect our school with others with similar goals.
And Podstock is not your usual tech conference. It’s more like a family reunion, with really smart relatives sharing their best stuff. Game-based learning, PBL, Google tools, coding, MakerSpaces, badges / micro-credentials, CTE, virtual reality. Podstock’s got it all. I’m especially excited about their new format this year – three hour sessions that will allow for more in-depth conversations, hands-on work time, and a real chance to try out some different strategies!
Being an impactful professional is about staying ahead of best practices, implementing cutting edges tools, and constantly learning. Podstock is all about those ideas! Plus, next fall I’ll be bringing back everything I’ll learn, sharing new ideas and building capacity here in our building.
I would love to attend! So I’m asking for permission and financial support to make the trip. (Did I mention that Podstock is just $275 for two and half days of learning goodness? Plus snacks, drinks, and networking reception? I know! It’s a bargain!)
You’re the best – thanks!
Your dedicated employee